It is our pleasure to have your son or daughter involved with us in Christian Challenge at USC. Having had four college students of our own, we know the delight and anxiety that seem to merge simultaneously as you launch your kids into this new phase of life.
College is often a time when life makes up its mind. Here, they face questions far more difficult than any classroom exam; questions about what career to pursue, who to marry, where to live... They are struggling to determine what should be the priorities in their lives and how should those be lived out. Many are trying to figure out what it means to walk with God in the adult arenas of life such as job, family, etc.
Like you, I want my children to learn how to live, not merely learn how to make a living. That's where Christian Challenge fits in. Christian Challenge is a ministry recognized on more than 1,200 campuses in the United States and abroad. Our desire is to help your son or daughter to cultivate a dynamic faith in God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to discover and implement God's purpose for them in their world. Challenge is an officially recognized student organization on campus with the goal:
...to know, love and glorify God and be used of Him to evangelize, establish, equip and encourage life-long laborers in the harvest.
What does that look like on the campus?
- Large group events aimed at providing enthusiastic praise, practical teaching and encouraging fellowship.
- Small group Bible studies, which help students to examine their character and lifestyle in light of God's Word within the safe embrace of a loving group of friends.
- One-on-one time with students (time to "do life" together), helping them learn how to dig into God's word and apply it to their daily lives, communicate their faith, build genuine and godly relationships, be effective team workers, and to grow in character, vision and skills.
- Retreats, conferences and fun-times where students can get away from the routines of college life to focus on their relationship with God and build lasting memories with friends.
- We also strongly encourage students to worship at the local churches of their choice. We are not a church. Rather, we work at undergirding the ministry of the local church. Challenge members come from all types of denominational backgrounds.